Onkyo TX-NR626 w/ Canton Movie 130 (5.1)
Onkyo TX-NR626 AV Receiver
Click Image to Enlarge
A Winning Combination for Music and Movie Fans
Our TX-NR626 delivers a knockout punch of value and performance. On the value side, you get built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth audio streaming technology. You can stream hi-res, lossless, and compressed formats from smartphone, tablet, PC, and NAS using our remote app for music selection and playback. The receiver also comes with app-controllable internet radio and music streaming services, so you’ll never be short of music. On the performance side, six HDMI® inputs and two ARC-enabled outputs support 4K and 3D passthrough, with lower-resolution video upscaled to 1080p on regular HDTVs (4K on compatible displays) using Qdeo™ processing technology. An MHL™ port handles hi-res video from smartphone and tablet, and there’s a USB for audio playback from flash memory drive. Discrete WRAT amplifiers and Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry for the front and center channels deliver breathtaking surround sound, while MultEQ® from Audyssey ensures your speakers and subwoofers are calibrated for optimum response. You can even bi-amp your front monitors and drive audio in a second zone. Powerful, easy to use, and packed with convenient technology, the TX-NR626 is unbeatable at this pricepoint.
Click Image to Enlarge
*1 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice. *2 LPCM is available via DLNA only. *3 Compatible with iPod touch (3rd generation or later) and iPhone 3GS or later. All models require iOS 4.2 or later. *4 Requires Android OS 2.1 or later.
- HDMI® Video Upscaling to 4K with Qdeo™ Technology by Marvell
- 4K Passthrough from Compatible Source Devices via HDMI
- Built-in Wi-Fi-Certified Wireless LAN Capability
- Onboard Bluetooth Audio Streaming Technology
- Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry for Front and Center Channels
- Rearside MHL™ for 1080p Video and Stills from Smartphone and Tablet
- Internet Radio and Music Streaming Service Connectivity (TuneIn Radio, Last.fm, Spotify, AUPEO!, and Simfy)*1
- Playback of Audio Files Over Wireless Home Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD, LPCM*2, Dolby TrueHD)
- Supports Onkyo Remote Apps for iPod touch/iPhone*3 and Android-Powered Devices*4
- Picture-in-Picture Input Video Preview with InstaPrevue™ Technology
- Phase-Matching Bass Boost
- Audyssey MultEQ® for Room Acoustic Correction
- Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz Upmixing for Seven-Channel Surround Sound
- Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Set-Up and Home Menu
- Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Out for Distributed Audio Playback in Another Room
- Hybrid Standby Power-Saving for Video and Network Connectivity in Standby
- Smart Grid-Ready
- Bi-Amping Capability for Front Channels
- 160 W/Ch (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High-Power Transformer
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- PROCESSING FEATURES
- HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- TI Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DAC for All Channels
- Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Advanced Music Optimizer for Compressed Digital Music Files
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode
- Pure Audio Mode
- Double Bass Function
- Non-Scaling Configuration
- A-Form Listening Mode Memory
- 6 HDMI Inputs and 2 Outputs with Audio Return Channel
- Front-Panel USB Port for Mass Storage Class Devices (Wide Selection of File Formats Supported)
- HDTV-Capable (720p/1080i) Component Video Switching (1 Input and 1 Output)
- 5 Composite Video Inputs (1 Front/4 Rear) and 1 Output
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (1 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
- 6 Analog Audio Inputs
- Phono Input for Turntable Connection
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- Color-Coded, Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
- Headphone Jack
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ® for Loudness Correction
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume® Automatic Listening-Level Adjustment
- Independent Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 800 ms in 10 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP) (European Model Only)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Certified with DLNA Version 1.5
- Firmware Updates via Network and USB
- Compatible with RI Dock for iPod/iPhone and AirPlay (DS-A5)
- RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) for System Control
- Preprogrammed RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control
Above: In-built wifi and bluetooth
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Streaming Technology
The TX-NR626 connects to the wireless home network without LAN cables or adapters. Send a huge range of hi-res, lossless, and compressed files to your home cinema from smartphone, PC, tablet, NAS, and online sources using our remote app to control playback. Or, if you prefer, pair up and enjoy high quality wireless audio streaming using built-in Bluetooth technology.
Music Streaming and Internet Radio Services
The TX-NR626 comes preloaded with the most popular music streaming and internet radio services, such as Spotify, Last.fm, and TuneIn Radio. And they’re easily selectable using the receiver’s GUI or the remote control app. Explore more than 10,000 radio stations and enjoy albums and playlists with theater-fidelity sound.
Note: Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a subscription and a firmware update. Availability of services advertised here is accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice.
HDMI® for High Resolution Playback
The TX-NR626 features six HDMI inputs to accept hi-res content from your media players and gaming consoles. HDMI enables Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ audio formats, and supports 3D video. Two outputs are included to connect your HDTV and video projector.
Supports 4K Video Content
With 4K televisions, media players, and projectors hitting the market, it’s good to know your A/V receiver is compatible with this new resolution standard. Passthrough of native 4K (or four times Full HD) from source devices to an appropriate display is fully enabled.
4K Video Upscaling via Qdeo™ Technology
The TX-NR626 uses class-leading Qdeo™ technology from Marvell to upscale standard video sources to silky-smooth 1080p (for regular HDTVs) and out to an incredible 4K on compatible displays.
MHL™ for Mobile Phones and Tablets
A rearside MHL/HDMI terminal is included to connect smartphones and other electronic devices. MHL allows you to display 1080p video and other media on your HDTV with 7.1 channels of surround sound. Playback is controlled using the receiver’s remote as your device gets a handy recharge.
Quick and Easy Remote App Control
Our remote apps for iPhone and Android devices offer a convenient way to control your home entertainment from anywhere within wireless range. The app offers a clear interface for managing playback, adjusting settings, and handling content across multiple zones.
Hassle-Free Video Switching
We think switching between games, movies, and cable TV should be easy. InstaPrevue™ technology names your HDMI devices and displays video thumbnails of available content. Now you can switch sources without having to remember what device is connected where.
Overlaid Menus for Quick Adjustments
Touch the Quick Set-Up button on your remote to overlay menus on the program being viewed. From here, you can access useful audio/video settings without interruption to your viewing. The overlaid Home Menu, meanwhile, offers simple icons for choosing a media source, and more detailed system adjustment.
An Introduction to the Onkyo Sound
Onkyo’s WRAT (Wide Range Amp Technology) includes discrete low-negative-feedback amplifiers for true-to-life sound; closed ground-loop circuits to reduce noise; and high instantaneous current to counter impedance fluctuations. On the critical front and center channels, Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry is used to handle reference-level playback without distorting.
MultEQ equalizes your system to tailor the sound to suit the unique shape of your room. Measuring six listening positions, MultEQ applies filters to satellites and subwoofers to create a perfectly balanced soundstage.
Audyssey Dynamic EQ®
Dynamic EQ solves the problem of deteriorating sound quality at low volume. It selects the best frequency response and surround levels moment-by-moment, resulting in an optimal listening experience at any volume.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume®
Audyssey Dynamic Volume® compensates for volume fluctuations in different audio content—for example, during noisy commercial breaks—and adjusts the volume in real time.
Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz for Expanded Surround Sound
Dolby Pro Logic IIz adds a vertical dimension to the soundstage, expanding the surround-sound from 5.1-channel or stereo sources to 7.1 channels. Front Height channels carry ambient, non-directional audio to immerse you further into movies and games.
High Quality Digital-to-Analog Converter
The TX-NR626 employs an eight-channel 192 kHz/24-bit TI Burr-Brown DAC for excellent dynamic performance and improved jitter tolerance, which translates into clearer, more expressive sound from your speakers.
Phase-Matching Bass Enhancement
Onkyo’s PM Bass optimizes low frequencies while preserving mid-range clarity. It counters phase shifting (which can affect sound quality) by synchronizing the timing of different frequencies. The result is deep, well-defined bass that won’t overwhelm vocals or strings.
Hybrid Standby Power-Saving Mode
HDMI passthrough and network connectivity are maintained while the receiver is powered down. This facilitates use of your TV and other devices without turning on the receiver, saving energy.
Multi-Zone Audio and Bi-Amping Capability
The TX-NR626 features Powered Zone 2 banana-plug speaker terminals and Zone 2 line-outs. This means you can power audio in another room equipped with stereo speakers, using the remote app to manage playback across both zones. You can also assign surround channels to bi-amp your front monitors.
Canton Movie 130 (5.1)
Stands not included
The Canton Movie 130 is an elegant 5.1 home cinema speaker system featuring 4 satellite speaker to be used as Front L&R and Rear L&R. With a centre channel satellite speaker and active subwoofer.
Looking for good sound in a home cinema system? Canton's film-ready movie systems have something for every taste and the right solution for every budget so that you can enjoy the full film experience and turn your home cinema evenings into thrilling events.
Fitted with fine-tuned HiFi technology, the Canton Movie 130 system is extremely compact and fits perfectly into any living room.
Featuring a high-capacity active subwoofer, which can be adjusted to the precise conditions of the room, and generous centre-channel speaker to carry all the essential information. The compact front and effect loudspeakers are supplied with wall mounts.
The Front, Centre & Surrounds employ the engineering principle of 2-way closed system and the active subwoofer employs a bandpass engineering principle.
Also available in Gloss White
All speakers within the Canton Movie 130 have a 100 Watt Power Rating, (4-8Ohms) with Frequency Response rated at 120 - 25,000Hz and a Crossover Frequencies of 5Hz.
The Canton Movie 130 Active Subwoofer is also rates at 120 Watts, with a Frequency Response of 38 - 140Hz and an adjustable Crossover Frequency of 90 - 140Hz.
The Movie 130's Fronts & Surrounds are equipped with a 80mm (3") Woofer and a 15mm (1") Tweeter, the Centre Speakers features 2 80mm (3") Woofers and a 15mm (1") Tweeter. The powerful 120W Active Subwoofer is equipped with a 200mm (8") bass woofer.
Placement near your TV equipment is not a problem with the Canton Movie 130, thanks to magnetic shielding on the Fronts & Surrounds. And for added functionality the Front & Surrounds within the system include Wall Brackets.
Front/Surround Dimensions (WxHxD): 90 x 115 x 100 mm - 0.8kg
Centre Dimensions (WxHxD): 190 x 90 x100 mm - 1.5kg
Subwoofer Dimensions (WxHxD): 240 x 410 x420 mm - 13.5kg