Yamaha A-S500 Amplifier & CD-S300 CD Player
w/ Monitor Audio BX2 (Pair)
Yamaha A-S500 Amplifier w/ CD-S300 CD Player
Click Image to Enlarge
Yamaha A-S500 Amplifier
The Yamaha A-S500 is a high value integrated amplifier which uses high quality components and construction to give great acoustic performance.
With 2 x 85 watts RMS output (into 8 Ohms), the AS500 has enough power for those demanding tracks whilst handling complicated tracks with ease and grace. It features a good selection of inputs for your separates- including an independently powered, balanced iPod dock input (for use with a separately-available Yamaha iPod dock such as the YDS12 or YIDW10) and 2 independently switchable speaker outputs.
The A-S500 has a reinforced internal structure to prevent vibration and dual heat sinks for effective heat dissipation. All together, the AS500's superb design and build, smart aesthetics and sweet controlled sound makes it an excellent choice for the discerning audiophile.
- 120W x 2 (max), 85W x 2 (RMS) high power output
- Centre bar to reinforce the internal structure
- Pure Direct for short and direct signal path
- Gold-plated speaker terminals
- Dual aluminium-extruded heat sinks
- Continuous Variable Loudness Control
- iPhone/iPod compatibility
- Subwoofer out
Yamaha CD-S300 CD Player
High Sound Quality
• Pure Direct
• Extremely sophisticated circuitry and layout
• Short signal paths
• High quality parts
• High performance DAC for high conversion precision with low noise
• Laser pickup floating mechanism
• Intelligent Digital Servo
• MP3 and WMA compatibility
• USB port on front panel for iPod and other devices
• iPod compatibility
• CD-R/RW disc playback compatibility
• Numerous convenient playback functions
- Extremely sophisticated circuitry and layout
- Short signal paths
- High quality parts
- High performance DAC for high conversion precision with low noise
- Intelligent Digital Servo
- Pure Direct
- MP3 and WMA compatibility
- USB port on front panel for iPod and other devices
- iPod compatibility
Monitor Audio BX2 (Pair)
(H x W x D) 350 x 185 x 255 mm
The BX2 develops the considerable talents of its award-winning BR2 forerunner to a new intensity. Improved crossover and driver designs combine to re-calibrate the capabilities of an acknowledged class champion, bringing greater dynamic expression, mid-range clarity and lower distortion to lovers of music and film sound. Loaded with a 165mm (6 1/2") C-CAM® bass mid range driver and 25mm (1") C-CAM® tweeter, the BX2's high quality cabinet mirrors the unobtrusive dimensions of the celebrated BR2, and so is easy to position, even in smaller rooms. Compact in size, but equipped to reproduce sound of immense stature and detail, the BX2 is our new definitive budget blockbuster.
•New C-CAM® tweeter has greater sensitivity and a wider bandwidth beyond 30kHz.
•New C-CAM® bass and mid-range drivers refined by FEA analysis.
•Single bolt-through drivers. A design feature which means the driver is not fixed to the front baffle and cannot transmit vibrations and therefore colouration to the cabinet.
•Improved cabinet rigidity and stability.
•HiVe®II port technology to speed the transit of air from the cabinet, resulting in more dynamic bass.
•High-quality terminal panels blend easy access with high-end functionality.
•Choice of four high quality vinyl wood finishes.
Frequency Response +/- 3dB: 42Hz - 30kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1m): 90 dB
Power Handling (RMS):
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS):
30 - 100 W
Cabinet Design: Front ported bass reflex. HiVe®II port technology
Crossover Frequency: 3.2kHz
Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 165mm (6 1/2") C-CAM® bass mid-range driver
1 x 25mm (1") gold dome C-CAM® tweeter
(H x W x D) 350 x 185 x 255 mm
13 3/4 x 7 5/6 x 10 1/16 inches
Weight (Individual): 5.84 Kg (12.8 lb)